Squash removing commits

cb11
cb11
I'm suddenly having an issue that I have never had before. My git rebase -i master is not merging commits into one. It looks like it is, but then all commits are gone except for the initial commit at the top. I am also unable to reorder the commits. (I should mention I've never had any problem with this previously and I have made sure to upgrade to the latest version of Git). The workflow looks like: [TABLE="width: 597"] [TR] [TD="class: code, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"] [LEFT][FONT=Consolas] [LEFT][FONT=Consolas]git add . git commit -m "Descriptive commit message." git add . git commit -m "Descriptive commit message." git add . git commit -m "Descriptive commit message." git checkout master git pull git checkout [TABLE="width: 597"] [TR] [TD="class: code, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"] [LEFT][FONT=Consolas] [LEFT][FONT=Consolas]git rebase -i master [COLOR=black][FONT=inherit][SIZE=18px]pick fda59df commit [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006666][FONT=inherit][SIZE=18px]1[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=inherit][SIZE=18px] squash x536897 commit [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006666][FONT=inherit][SIZE=18px]2[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=inherit][SIZE=18px] squash c01a668 commit [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006666][FONT=inherit][SIZE=18px]3[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] At this point, it appears to rebase but commits 2 and 3 are lost. I've resorted to saving them locally and adding them back in all as one. Any advice at all is appreciated. [/FONT][/LEFT] [/FONT][/LEFT] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/FONT][/LEFT] [/FONT][/LEFT] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

1-1 of 1

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply