One Git Repository, multiple Eclipse projects????

GittingConfused
GittingConfused
Hello all, Currently have one Git Repository that contains a vast amount of source code. Have a need to refactor our source code however do not want to restructure the Git Repo. Is there a way to get Eclipse set up so that multiple projects all contain only that projects source code and all projects reside in the current Git Repo. For example lets say the source code is laid out in package structure. Right now the Git repo looks like this package structure: a b c -> c.a -> c.b d -> d.a -> d,b -> d.c e Basically above a, b, c, d, and e are all folders. C.a and c.b are subfolders inside of c. Same deal with d. I want 5 Eclipse projects....one for each folder a, b, c, d, e. The subfolders stay with their parent folder. Since this is Java code the package structure should remain the same. I don't want a Git Repo with multiple Eclipse projects checked in....I only want the source code in. Am I making any sense here?

Last updated

BaierEric
BaierEric
Precisely what otherwise is within your archive besides origin signal?Would it always be probable to put every single subfolder (assuming every single subfolder is really a different project inside eclipse) being a different part inside git? That may subsequently carry out what you would like? Or maybe will you be hoping to give the origin signal within the repos then again any time you make a brand new edition on the origin to be developed somewhere else?

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply