Git config not working

c.wolfe132565907
c.wolfe132565907

I have used git and github on this computer I am currently using (Windows 10), many times before, but I had not used it for a couple months. When I tried to make a commit to a new repository yesterday, it prompted me to do the git config --global user.email, and when I enter that, I get this error:

error: could not lock config file C:/ProgramData/SPB_Data/.gitconfig: No such file or directory

I followed that path and found there is no SPB_Data folder there (including hidden files). Also I found that my .gitconfig file is located in C:/Users/cwolf. I don’t know if solving the problem is as simple as making a SPB_Data folder and putting that .gitconfig file in it, but I don’t want to try that if I don’t know what I’m doing.

My question is what do I need to do to get the git config working again, and why did this happen if everything used to be working a couple months ago, same computer, same operating system?

1-1 of 1

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies: You should be logged in before you can post.

Post a reply